Swinging is one of the oldest forms of group entertainment, having been practiced by man for thousands of years!
Many people who write on the subject of swinging state that it is a fairly modern practice started in WW2 by members of the American Air Force. However in various forms it has been around for a lot longer than that. The ancient Greeks and the Romans were heavily into group sex sessions and many writings and pictures exist from these periods describing the action, and many households kept servants whose sole function was to keep the mistress and master of the house sexually satisfied. The European upper classes through the 1700-1900's were also keen proponents and many paintings, drawings and photos were created showing them, and often their servants, having fun.
Swinging, also known as partner sharing, partner or wife swapping, or sometimes simply as "The Lifestyle" is consenting adults enjoying the experience of having sexual relationships with (multiple) partners other than their spouse.
A common misconception is that swingers have sex with anyone. Except for a few events such as dogging or an orgy, the majority of swingers only have sex with people they find attractive. Do not think that by attending a swingers party you will be expected or allowed to have sex with any and everyone, unless the event is billed as a free for all or orgy, you will only be expected to interact with people who you find attractive and who find you attractive. At every swinging event everyone has the right to say "NO" at any time to anybody.
There are many sub groups of swinging, some of which "purists" discard as not being genuine swinging, however, as a discriminated group, most of us do not discriminate against others with different tastes to our own.
Swinging Includes (but is not limited to):
- Partner Swapping - Pure swinging where 2 couples swap partners for a session of fun.
- Swingers Parties - Where groups of swingers, both couples and singles, meet and swap in many different combinations.
- Greedy Girls - These are ladies with a high sex drive who enjoy the attention of multiple partners.
- Threesomes - Where a couple will bring either a single male or single female into their relationship for added fun.
- Dogging - Car Park Sex, where people meet in various outdoor location for sex with complete strangers.
- Soft Swinging - Where people will have sex with their own partners while being watched by other people.
- Swinging Exhibitionists - Couples or sometimes single who like to show off their bodies, or to let people watch while they have sex.
- Cuckolding - Where a mans partner (called a Hot Wife) will have sex with other men, sometimes at a different location, sometimes making the man watch.
Since the advent of the internet swinging has become a more widely practiced lifestyle due to the ease of identifying and contacting people who want to live out similar fantasies. There are many swingers contact databases available. Many are run by corporations just in it for your money, some genuinely good smaller ventures started by genuine swingers come and sadly go very quickly, others such as dirty david and Adult Friend Finder have been online since the 1990's and have millions of members looking for fun in almost every corner of the globe.
These sites allow their users to create detailed profiles about their likes and dislikes and what they are looking for in potential new play-mates. They also offer a quick and secure method of contacting each other.
Happily, Swinging is legally practiced in most countries. There are a few countries which are still locked in the dark ages, where some people think they have the right to determine what others do for enjoyment, here swinging is still a very dangerous pastime with the penalty of death in most Moslem countries and China, however even in these countries people find a way to make contact and enjoy their lives. The year 2011 saw many restrictions lifted on the internet in Middle East countries, as a result we have seen an increase in the number of people using our swingers websites from this part of the world.